Wedding Shower Cake
Wedding Planning > Wedding Shower > Wedding Shower Cake
Traditionally cakes have been an important part of celebration in a wedding. This tradition has not changed till date and even today the wedding shower cakes are an important part of the celebration. When you throw a shower in the honor of the bride, you should be assured of one thing that your cake will definitely be one of the attractions of the party.
Most of the couples who celebrate their wedding in a traditional manner also tend to order a cake in the traditional style. However, when it comes to having a wedding shower, your imagination has no bounds; the same goes for decorating a wedding shower cake. You have a lot of freedom in the choice of style, color, shape and flavor. You can select a tired cake, a plain cake or even go for cup cakes.
The choice of your cake would depend on the theme of your party, the number of guests that you plan to invite and also the bride and groom's preferences. If you plan to have a traditional wedding shower, then you can choose to have a nice sheet cake that is decorated with lots of flowers in the colors that you choose to decorate your shower. These days many bakeries can superimpose a picture of your choice onto the icing of the cake. If you have a picture of the bride as a young girl with her mother, you can put it as an icing to show how the little girl has now grown up into a young woman. You can also select the photograph of the couple and have it scanned it on the cake for a Jack and Jill wedding shower.
If you plan to have a tea party for your shower, then it would be a very good idea to have a sheet cake decorated with a tea pot icing. You may even order a cake in the shape of a tea pot! Another idea for a tea party shower is to make individual cup cakes. Have a plain light colored icing for these cup cakes and make an outline of tea pots with dark color.
An all time favorite cake is a cake that is decorated in the shape of a gift box. For this kind of cake you will be able to choose any color that you want. You can choose to have a color of the theme that you have chosen for the shower. You can also choose a color to mark the season in which the wedding will take place. This cake looks very elegant and you can add to its beauty by placing two rings together on the icing to show the union of the couple.
If you plan to have a garden party with a floral theme, you can order for a chocolate cake in the shape of a fruit basket that has a lot of flowers and fruits on the top. Most of the people do like the chocolate flavor so this cake would be an instant hit with the guests.
If you are good at baking but are a not very good at decorating them, then a very good idea would be to bake cup cakes and then decorate them with multiple colors. You can arrange them on a tiered stand or a cup cake stand and this arrangement would look very good. Baking cakes at home will definitely save you a lot of money.
No matter what cake you choose, you should keep in mind that the cake should be well presented and it should also taste good. The bride, groom and the guests will definitely remember what the shower cake looked like and also how it tastes. So whether you bake a cake yourself or order it from a bakery, do make sure that you pay attention to both these aspects of the wedding shower cake. You are then sure to receive a lot of appreciation at the end of the party.
Examples of Wedding Shower Cake Ideas
- A tiny regal, gold, and ivory cake with matching gold mini cake design: It is adorned with white sugar paste butterflies
- Adorable, pink suitcase, two tier cake adorned with pink sugar paste flowers and leaves
- The cake looks identical to a shoe box. Decorate it with a fondant engagement ring, pink fondant ribbon, and white pearls. The topper can be in the shape of a shoe
- Circular blue bridal shower cake decorated with white swirls: This is a three-tier cake. A bride with a white bridal gown is sitting on this cake
- Circular, novel purple cake: The cake topper is a figurine of a bride. This is decorated with small, pink, purple wedding gifts
- A cake in the shape of a two-tier tiffany blue gift box: Decorate this with white fondant ribbon and a handmade diamond engagement ring topper
- Two tier square and round pink cushion and pillow design: Decorate this with pink harlequin diamond shape and handcrafted fondant pink flower. The cake topper could be a princess crown tiara
Novel Ideas of Shower Cakes
Inclusion of romance
The cake -
- Should represent the bride and the groom as a prince and a princess
- May have the shape of a fairy tale castle
- May be topped with some beautiful roses
- May be topped with an engagement ring
Take into consideration the favorite activities of the bride.
- If she loves to read, finalize on the shape of a book
- If she is obsessed by weddings, a wedding-theme must be used
- When she likes shopping, the shape of a shopping bag is ideal
- These are less expensive and simpler to serve as well as a fun to eat
- They can be displayed on a tiered cupcake display or on a cupcake tree
- Decorate these with colors and themes of the shower
- They can be iced with purple, orange, and yellow zinnias and mums
- Prepare a teapot shaped and decorated cake
- Bake cupcakes to make individual teacups
The wedding shower cakes can be done in any flavor. However, the usual method is to ask the bride regarding her favorite flavor and implement this. Another method is to take into consideration the choices of the guests. Now, two different flavors could be used, like half chocolate and half white. The result is that everybody present at the shower has something they like.