Wedding Reception Timeline
Wedding Planning > Wedding Reception > Wedding Reception Timeline
Having a plan for wedding reception timeline makes your wedding reception smooth. If you schedule this in your invitations, then it's good that your guests will also come to know about it and do not get confused at the time of your wedding reception. Another thing is that your guests also come to know about the events, you are going to arrange at your reception through this wedding reception timeline.
So, go through this sample of wedding reception timeline to plan your wedding reception timeline.
Events will take place according to this schedule.
In the first hour that is 6.00 to 7.00 pm
- Guests arrive and have cocktails.
- Receive line by hosts.
- Music or DJ and dance
- Toasts by best man, the groom and the maid of honor
- Drinks, wedding cake will be served for guests
- Guests get to mix with each other, have some talk and discussions
In the second hour, which is from 7.00 to 8.00 pm
- Game event -Everybody has to participate in these games. Mention name of games, which you are going to arrange at your wedding reception. These games would take place only for one hour. So, have two or three wedding games, in which everybody could participate.
- Same time you can serve soups and starters for your guests.
- Announce the dinner at the end of this hour.
In the third hour, which is from 800 pm to 9.00 pm
- You can thanks your guests for attending your wedding reception and make it smoothly.
- After this time you can give wedding gifts to your guests as memory of your wedding.
- After this thanks giving program, you serve dinner to all your guests.
- At the end of this hour, it is the time to say good-bye to your guests, who want to leave. Some of them who want to continue talking with each other and want enjoy dance and music can continue until the officials of wedding venue permits.
If you make aware about this wedding reception timeline to your guests, it makes easy for them to participate in between if they were late for the reception and will not feel uneasy because of being late.