Wedding Reception Seating Chart
Wedding Planning > Wedding Reception > Wedding Reception Seating Chart
Wedding reception seating chart helps your guests to find their place in the hall or reception venue. By having these seating charts, you can avoid confusions over the seating arrangements and for this, you can do many things.
- Basics thing for this is that you have to make a list of guests.
- Calculate the number of tables and chairs at the dining hall.
- Now you can divide your guests and have calculations per table.
- Save one table at the center if you are social person for you as a bridal table or if you want to have some personal time then you can save the bridal table for you at one corner of the dining hall.
- Save one long table for your family, your parents and grooms parents to sit there.
- Now you have to decide about your guests, where to make place for everyone.
While making wedding reception seating chart for your guests, you can consider many options, some of which are given below.
- You can make arrangement for couples. Like you can have two or three couples at one table. Remember one thing, that these couples should know each other, so they can enjoy their time. Otherwise, it would be uncomfortable for them to have food with those, they do not know.
- Another thing you can do is that you can divide your guests into two categories, one for all men and another for women. Make a seating chart for 5-6 men at one table, same with women. Make sure that people sitting at one table know each other and could have some discussion over any topic from politics to sports. Same thing for women also, that they could talk on subjects of common interest.
- Make different arrangements for the elderly. Because they might feel uncomfortable with the younger generation.
- On the other hand you can do one thing that you can arrange each table for each family. This can help families to have their three generations or at least two generations sit together and have some familial talk or discussions over certain issues.
- If kids are your guests, then you can have some separate arrangement for them. If kids are more in number then you can divide them into groups of girls and boys or to those who know each other.
- If their only one or two kids at your wedding reception then you can make them sit with their parents.
- You have to arrange different seating arrangements at one corner table for your colleagues, to make them comfortable, as they might not know anybody at your wedding reception. So, sitting with other colleagues make them comfortable.
- Putting a chart on card is necessary. Put these cards on respective tables.
- You can put pictures of these families or guests at each table [if you have of all guests] instead of listing them on chart.
- For kids, you can put pictures of cartoons to make them easily know that this is the kids table.
Other than this, you can implement your own ideas. Just make sure that you will not miss any of your guests while making wedding reception seating chart.