Wedding Reception Activities
Wedding Planning > Wedding Reception > Wedding Reception Activities
Wedding reception activities could make your wedding reception memorable. Try to have something different rather than just having the traditional music and dance for your wedding reception. Wedding games would be more enjoyable. Select those games, which will make people to laugh and enjoy. Therefore, some informal games would be better than formal wedding reception activities.
Here are some wedding reception activities:
Different music with different dance
You can make combinations of different music with different dance styles. Your DJ or live band could help you with this. For example, you can announce to your guests that they have to dance slowly or ballet on some fast music and those who could manage this until the end of this activity will get a price. This is very difficult and could create laughter as people fail to dance slowly on a fast track. This could be the total opposite, that you can select a slow opera track and tell your guests to dance fast on that like in a disco.
Dance on kids' songs
This would be funnier and stress releasing. You have to select some kids' songs and tell your DJ to play it. Now your guests have to dance like kids on these songs. Dancing like kids overcomes all barriers of being older. This takes them back to their childhood memories and also creates laughter not only on the dance floor but with the spectators also. This breaks all hesitations your guests have and they feel free at your wedding reception. So, spectators also come on the dance floor and enjoy the moment. This could be done at the time of cocktails,
Different photo session
You can have a different photo session not only for the bride and the groom but for all the guests. The different thing in this photo session is that everyone, turn by turn has to make some silly poses and funny faces that are captured by the camera. Make two copies of each face and picture and give one of them to your guests as your wedding favor and as a memory of your wedding reception. This type of activity makes a high level of laugher and enjoyment.
Get your wedding favor by searching
You can hide all wedding gifts at different places of your wedding reception venue by labeling each of them with the name of the guest. Now you have to make chits of the names of your guests and chits of the searching track by giving numbers to each chit. Now keep this all in bags with names of each guest and give these bags to receptive guests. Now guests have to open the bag of his or her name and go by the numbers [of chits] and follow the track to get their wedding favor. This activity helps your guests feel comfortable and talk to each other informally.
Let us assume that the couple has chalked out the details of the decoration at the reception. One point should be kept in mind that not all guests think that they would dance the night away at the reception. The aim of each couple is that the guests should have an energized and fun-filled wedding reception. So, the couple should plan out some activities that the guests would find entertaining.
Examples of Wedding Reception Activities Ideas
- The couple can have a poker room or a lounge with casino games and billiards. Those guests, who are gambling fans, would like this setting
- Instead of cakes, the couple should arrange for a candy buffet that caters to all sorts of taste buds. The guests would look at this buffet as a fun way to relish the dessert
- The videographer can set up a stationery camera. During the reception, the guests can record their personal messages for the couple
- Let us assume that some kids have been invited to the reception. For them, a children's room must be reserved. This should have many activities like movies, board games and coloring. Some qualified individuals must be allocated the task of supervising these kids
- One of the rooms must be labeled as a 'quiet room.' Those guests who do not want to be distracted by loud music and instead would like to chat with one another should be able to access this room
- There must be a photo booth. Guests like to make silly poses and funny faces and capture these in images.The photographer must be instructed to take two photo strips of each picture. One should be given to the guests as a memory of the reception
Other Wedding Reception Activities Ideas
- There must be an empty guest book. Then, the guests would express there best wishes for the couple through this book
- Some disposable cameras must be placed on each table in the reception. The guests can use these cameras to capture some precious moments. It is observed that the guests generally get images of the reception that are impossible for the photographer
- A video regarding the groom and the bride must be prepared. It should comprise of moments regarding the childhood of the couple and while they were dating. This video should be displayed at the reception. Another option is to create an album regarding these topics. The guests would have a fine time with this album
- In case of an outdoor wedding reception, it is possible to plan a ball game like football or basketball. Men would play this game in suits and sneakers while women would play in dresses. Some very unique wedding photos would result
- After the reception is over, a swimming activity can be planned in case of a beach wedding reception. Sometimes the guests can engage themselves in a Frisbee toss
- Sometimes a slideshow can be arranged
- Group singing is executed as follows. Every table is allotted a category relating which they have to sing a song. If a table runs out of songs, it is eliminated