Unique Wedding Ceremony
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ceremony > Unique Wedding Ceremony
There is no better way to make your wedding a memorable one than to incorporate unique wedding ceremony ideas. Although your family members may expect you to follow certain traditions, you can still find ways to mix numerous unique ideas for your wedding ceremony.
Have a 'pre-reception' before your wedding begins. This is the most successful way to make your guests acquainted with your unique ideas for the special day.
To make your occasion romantic have a candlelight ceremony. If you have a smaller venue and few guests to attend your ceremony, it will be a thriving idea. You can make the bride and the groom hold candles and walk down the aisle in pair. Place a candle between, when two of them will exchange their vows.
If you wish to do something really unique in your wedding, choose destination wedding.
Commercial wedding venues are getting increasingly expensive these days, so one of the greatest ideas is to move your wedding to a country location.
Getting married on beach is one of the superb and extraordinary ideas. Think of some more deserted and rugged venues that are small and intimate. It may sound clichéd but many people prefer to enjoy their marriage in open atmosphere.
If you are having an indoor wedding, you can do a variety of things which can easily match your wedding theme, such as color, entertainment, design, songs, decorations etc. you can set dress code to enthrall your wedding ambience.
In many of the weddings you will find a mini bar, include some cocktail drinks. You can have a theme espresso bar in your wedding. Your guests will enjoy the variety of drinks like, coffee latte, macchiato, Sumatra coffee, cappuccino and so forth.
To enliven the wedding ceremony you can include a DJ. This idea always works as it is full of entertainment and fast music. Your DJ performances can attract the attention of your guests. You can also make disco party after the end of the wedding reception.
You can incorporate some unique wedding vows to make your wedding ceremony unique. If you have planned to get married in a church, you will be provided with a sample vows format. Exchanging self written vows is the most extraordinary and interesting experience. Your guests would love to hear and will appreciate for your work. This will show your interest and you would be able to give personal touch to your wedding.
Historic homes or a building is another great idea to make your wedding memorable and special. Every city has a history and majority of homes have few historic homes, they often permit marriage ceremonies to be performed.
Getting married in a museum is again a great idea. This option can give you a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos. This will also help you to cut down the decoration cost. This idea will give you an unforgettable experience.
The best time to use your creativity is in a wedding. At times, it may imply breaking the traditions. There are several expected and accepted traditions related to weddings. However, there is no harm to brainstorm unique wedding ceremony ideas and implement them. This may mean not to use a white dress, but a colored one. Or, opt for a no aisle ceremony.
Hints for Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas
- Select unconventional recessional and/or processional music.
- Include a ring warming session. This is implemented as follows. Prior to the ring exchange, the rings are placed in a small bag and passed to each guest. Every guest blesses the ring or says a prayer.
- Pen down your own personalized vows.
- While the bridesmaids are walking down the aisle, they can carry candles instead of bouquets.
- The bride may not wear a veil.
- The groom can select a 'best woman.' This might be his sister or a good female friend.
- Rather than having a maid of honor, have a man of honor. This might be the groom's brother or a good male friend.
- There could be an uneven number of attendants. So, if there is one maid of honor, there can be three groomsmen.
- Do not select a single bridesmaid.
- The husband-to-be should escort the bride-to-be to the altar.
- The parents of the bride could walk the bride down the aisle.
- While the couple is reciting the vows, the guests can sit or stand in a circle around the couple.
- While the couple is reciting the vows, they should be facing the guests.
Suggestions for Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas
While planning unique wedding ideas, one could become outrageous, sentimental, romantic, or creative. Do not flinch to incorporate your plans in these ideas. Some of these are detailed below.
- After the marriage declaration/kiss, ask the attendants to hold up rating cards.
- The wedding should take place completely in candlelight. This is a very romantic idea.
- Ask your friend or family member to read a poem in course of the ceremony.
- The groom should mention and thank the individual who introduced him (i.e. the groom) during the ceremony.
- While the bride is being presented to the groom, all the parents should stand up. The intent is that the guests should be able to recognize them.
- If any family member has recently passed away, mention him/her and honor his/her memory.
- Let us consider a case in which the couple has children from their previous weddings. They can ask their children to sign the wedding certificate along with the witnesses.
- Include special rituals and moments, like
- Breaking the wine glass
- Blessing of parents and children
- Rose exchange
- A great moment of humor
- During the processional, the groom must escort his mother as well as the bride's mother to the seats.
- When the bride is walking down the aisle, just before getting seated adjacent to the groom, she presents special lace handkerchiefs, one each to her mother and mother-in-law.
Hence, above are few ideas that can make a unique wedding ceremony. You will definitely be enthralled using these ideas at your wedding and your guests will also love to see something new at weddings.