Beach Wedding Cakes
Wedding Planning > Wedding Cakes > Beach Wedding Cakes
When it comes to wedding cake, the days of following trends are gone. If you are considering a beach theme for your wedding, beach wedding cakes are the best option for you. The new saying is "there are no rules! And if there are...well, rules are made to be broken."
Beach theme wedding
Many people opt for fresh and fun beach wedding rather than going for the same traditional wedding and so too with the cakes. A wedding cake decorated for beach theme is solely made for fun beach weddings. Undoubtedly, you have to decorate the cake with perfect tropical flowers. Choose a best beach theme accessories and order a wonderful beach wedding cake, else the reception would be incomplete.
Things to consider before selecting Beach Wedding Cakes
- Decide the size of the cake in advance. The size will depend on how many guests you are expecting for the wedding. The ideal size per guest is 4 inches' by 2 inches' or of 2 ounces.
- The shape needs creativity too. You can definitely think of surfing the net, but think of creating one for yourself. Just sketch out the idea on paper and contact your baker, if he is talented enough to implement that.
- Price of a wedding cake depends on the design that you select for the cake. If the cake is very much labor intense, then you must be ready to pay more. If you want to stick tight to the budget, then go for a simple cake.
- Icing on the cake is traditional but nowadays butter cream and fondant are preferred more.
- It is easy to fill in colors in butter cream and for the fondant. These can be very well draped all over the cake. It gives an admirable finish to the cake.
- Remember that your cake must reflect the happiness that you are experiencing. You can also express your sentiments by the wedding cake to the guests. This will not only serve as a dessert, but also make it an incredible part of your wedding memories.
Ideas to decorate wedding cake along with theme
The possibilities of a beach wedding cakes are endless. You can also select under water theme like, seashells, sea life, sea creatures, or even can takes fresh flowers.
Seashells: One of the most common and wonderful idea is prepare a cake including seashells as a key component in the cake. You can fulfill the motif with the help of icing, some molded chocolates, and decorative items or simply with the candles too. You can also include underwater creatures like, starfish or octopus. Prepare the base of cake with white base icing scattering chocolate shells, some sand dollars and flowers in the cake tiers.
Color of cake: Most of the people love to have white wedding cake, the theme beach accepts to decorating options of different colors. If you choose a marine theme then you can have option with colors like, blue, green, and red to reflect the color of sea. You can have nautical wedding cake with the colors like navy blue and white.
Flowers in the Ocean: You can choose bright flowers and tropical flowers for a stunning effect. These elements are far interesting from the boring three-tiered cake. Decorate your cake with flowers in a fun wedding cake. Flowers will add a touch of beauty and will add a tropical touch to your cake. Even with the help of butter cream you can create palm leaves and style blooms of hibiscus to create an island on your cake. It will be beautiful and wonderful for all the guests present in the wedding.
Wedding cake toppers: When you have selected the perfect style and color for your cake, your cake is incomplete without unique toppings like dolphins, sandcastles, palm trees, underwater creatures such as, octopus, starfish. To add some a personalized touch you can also opt for seashell photo frames, some romantic and whimsy designed toppers on cake.
Flavors of the cake: A wedding cake not only looks great but also tastes good. It should be delicious and behold our breaths while tasting it. Simply chocolate cake works for it, for a wedding cake theme based on beach you have to make it more dense, creamy, and rich in flavors.
Examples of Beach Wedding Cake Ideas
- A baked confection that has the shape of a sandcastle
- For a natural colored sandcastle cake, you may use brown sugar to represent the sand and around the base of the castle
Sea Life Inspired
- Some brides love dolphins. They would like a wedding cake topped with waves having molded chocolate dolphins and curls of white chocolate
- Some other famous sea creatures are sea stars, mermaids, and sea horses
- Design a pearl-finished cake that has a topper of open oyster shell confection. This shell can comprise of rings, a miniature of a bride and a groom, and other wedding icons
- These may be created from molded chocolate (white, milk, or dark chocolate), marzipan, icing, or other candy
- These seashells might be any shade that is as per the liking of the bride
- Some designers think about incorporating real seashells in their creations
- Shells can not only be used as a key part of the design, but also as an accent
- Some designers combine real flowers with seashells for an elegant cake
Size and Shape of Beach Cakes
Do not restrict your ideas only to a two or three tier cake. There are various options like a sculpted cake, a sheet cake, a round cake, cupcakes, individual mini cakes, or also cookies. Unleash your creativity and sketch out a shape on paper. Take this paper to a bakery to finalize its feasibility.
Think on the following basis. A slice is about 2 inches X 4 inches and weighs about 2 ounces. Each guest should be given one slice. Now, find out the number of guests and accordingly decide the weight of the cake.
Remember to drape the beach cake with tulle in a decorative manner. This would keep the sand and bugs out of it. This is a beautiful yet practical idea. If the reception is at dawn or dusk, the heat from the sun would not be a major factor. However, if the wedding is at midday, you do not wish your creation to melt. The solution is to have an ornamental cake. In this, only the bottom layer is edible.
Ultimately, wedding cake is the focus of the wedding. Theme based weddings are now in trend. Beach wedding cakes are most preferred in the weddings and getting popular day by day.