Wedding Planning > Wedding Cakes
Wedding is an auspicious and traditional occasion that is imbued with much symbolic significance. Whether it is a grand ceremony or a simple occasion, every couple wants the day to be celebrated in a special and unusual way.
Whether it is the wedding gown or the wedding cake, couples pay attention to every subtlety of their wedding. This is true and more relevant of a modern wedding where everything has to strike the right cord in the right manner. The wedding cake is a beautiful and inseparable part of wedding. It is significant as a tradition. Nonetheless it has become a trend of the day where couples spend a lot of their valuable time in materializing their dream cake.
A cake is definitely the center of attraction in a wedding. All guests look forward to the cake cutting ceremony. That's why it needs to be perfectly decorated. The beauty of a wedding cake enhances the beauty of the wedding.
The cake is also a part of a significant tradition. The cutting of the cake signifies the breaking of the virginal state of the woman and also the first act of sharing as a married couple. In the past many customs were related to this ceremony. With the passing of time many traditions have evolved and faded away, but the cake remains to be the cherished desire of the every couple.
Well if the wedding cake is so significant, then it should be made presentable. Today's bakers are capable of making your dream cake look gorgeous and stunning. Whatever may be the flavor, color, design, taste, shape, size or price of the cake, the bakers would get the perfect cake for you on you 'Big day.' The cake will provide aesthetic pleasure to the guests besides satiating their palates.
Types of Wedding Cake Ideas
Simple Wedding Cakes
- Prepare a multi-tiered carrot cake and decorate it with flowers from the top to the bottom. The cascading effect can have a spiral, curve, or straight design. In order to have an elegant look, the color of the flowers and the flavor of the cake must be contrasting
- Select a white cake in square or round shape. Decorate it with purple orchids as a topper. This color combination of purple and white is absolutely stunning
Square Wedding Cakes
- Combine two flavors like strawberry and vanilla. One layer can be of strawberry and the other layer of vanilla
- Some unusual flavors of this type of cakes are as follows
- Vanilla cake with hazelnut custard filling
- Chocolate mocha sour cream cake iced with chocolate mocha buttercream
Castle Wedding Cakes
- There are very famous in France
- These castles are made from styofoam. They can be pearl dusted, airbrushed, and painted
- The cake is coated with carmelized sugar and adorned with elegant marzipan roses made petal by petal
Fondant Wedding Cakes
- Fondant consists of sugar and water. The use of this material is the latest trend in wedding cakes
- The fondant icing has glycerin and this imparts a transparent look. Use this icing to create bows, figurines, intricate designs, flowers etc
- Think about diverse shapes like a cricket field, light house, castles etc
French Wedding Cake
- These cakes are termed as 'Croquembouche' in French language
- A typical Croquembouche comprises of cream puffs that are filled with a pastry cream. Every puff is coated with a thin crisp crust of hard-crack sugar
- While baking this cake, the use of caramel is unavoidable
- Surround the entire cake with a golden webbing of spun, lightly caramelized sugar
Cupcake Wedding Cakes
- These are of two varieties - vertical tiers and horizontal tiers placed on cake stands
- Use leaves, fruits, and flowers to decorate these cakes
- Glue the wedding couple's photo along the sides of the cake
- On the top or the sides of the cupcakes, glue a cartoon figure like a mermaid, an angel, a smiley face, a Barbie doll, a Mickey mouse etc
This site provides relevant information about everything that you need for your wedding cake.