Wedding Bouquets Bridesmaids
Wedding Planning > Wedding Bouquets > Wedding Bouquets Bridesmaids
There is a tradition of wedding bouquets of bridesmaids from the Victorian time. You can see that it is still going on in modern weddings. Actually, this tradition evolved during the pre-Victorian era and the purpose of having wedding bouquets (especially the brides' and bridesmaids') was to keep away evil spirits that may cause harm to the newlywed couple. In Victorian time, it had different significance, in this time the wedding bouquets were carried to prevent contagious diseases. So, the bridesmaids' wedding bouquets also have that much importance as brides' wedding bouquets has.
Unlike a brides' wedding bouquet, a Bridesmaid wedding bouquet signifies love, beauty, thoughtfulness and wisdom. So, bridesmaids wedding bouquets convey the message to begin new life with love, wisdom and thoughtfulness.
There are certain rules for bridesmaids' wedding bouquets -
- Most of the time, bridesmaids have arm sheaf or single-stem wedding bouquets. The purpose behind this is that it should be look simple as well as beautiful
- The bridesmaid wedding bouquets should look different from a brides' wedding bouquets and flower girls' bouquets
- The flowers like orchids, tulips, roses, and calla lilies are selected
- You can have nosegay, hand-tied and posy wedding bouquets in modern weddings
- Make sure that bridesmaids' wedding bouquets also look as elegant as a brides' bouquet
- Use some deep colors for bridesmaids wedding bouquets like hot pink, deep orange, blue and golden yellow. You can use light colors also like ivory, white, light pink, and lavender
Tips for bridesmaids wedding bouquets -
- Order flowers for bridesmaids bouquet, when you order flowers for bridal bouquet
- Make sure that these flowers are different from bridal bouquet flowers
- Use long-stemmed flowers for bridesmaids bouquet, as it has some traditional significance
- If you cannot afford fresh flowers for bridesmaids bouquet, you can use artificial flowers, but the type of flowers should be the same as mentioned above
How to make a bridesmaid wedding bouquets -
- Having arm sheaf or single stem wedding bouquet is an easier task than having hand-tied or nosegay bouquets
- Bring all flowers together (for arm sheaf bouquet), arrange them well and the tie them in the middle of the stems with florist tape
- Now tie the satin ribbon to hide the tape
- Do not wrap whole stems with satin as it is not a bridal bouquet
- Do not use any type of crystals or sparkles in bridesmaid wedding bouquet
Use elegant or decent colored flowers for bridesmaid's bouquet; just remember that it should match with bridesmaids dress.