Outdoor Wedding Reception
Wedding Planning > Outdoor Wedding > Outdoor Wedding Reception
An outdoor wedding reception is a very popular form of wedding reception. If you have decided to organize it, then you should predict and plan in advance for the reception. This sort of reception totally depends on the weather and so we should also consider a backup plan for the reception before hand. Venues for the outdoor reception are to be booked in advance i.e. six months or one year in advance.
There are plenty of options which are available to plan an outdoor wedding reception. They include forests, lakes, beaches, gardens, and many more. You have to be well informed about the tasks to be undertaken to conduct an outdoor wedding. The planning process and the selection of the venue should be made before hand.
You should also be ready with some indoor locations in case there is an emergency and you have to suddenly shift the venue. The location should be booked ten to eleven months in advance. In case, the reception is during summer, you must arrange for umbrellas, fans, and other necessary items to make the guest comfortable.
The number of wedding guests should also be considered along with the amenities to select the wedding location. You have to also collect information about the climatic conditions of the region and the restrictions for the location that you have decided to go in for.
You should also check out whether there are parking facilities and adequate transportation facilities at the venue that you have selected for the reception.
There are various types of outdoor wedding reception sites such as backyard, garden, lake, beach and mountain top. Among these types the most popular sites are garden and backyard.
There are various types of outdoor receptions. They include:
- Brunch or breakfast style: This reception takes place in the morning. It is an inexpensive form of reception and the couple can plan out different things for the wedding day after the reception
- Dinner wedding reception: It is the most expensive type of reception. It is a formal type of reception wherein the staff serves for each guest
- Cocktail wedding reception: It is a stylish form of reception usually between 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. It is a better option for all budget conscious newly-wed couples
- Champagne and Cake reception: It is the most economical form of reception. It can be directly served after the wedding.
- Afternoon tea
- Lunch reception
- Buffet wedding reception: Guests serve themselves and then return back to their place
While planning a reception outdoors, we have to take into execute the following steps.
- Check for the availability of the venue
- Plan a budget
- Decide the number of guests to be invited
- Check whether the venue will be able to accommodate the number of guests expected
- Facilities available at the venue and its cost
- Food supply and Beverages
- Supplies needed for the reception and its transportation, cost and policies
- Seating arrangement
- Theme of the reception
- Decorations, centerpieces and lightings
- Permissions required for organization
- Arrangement for taking photographs
Here are some topics associated with outdoor wedding reception:
Therefore, the details mentioned above would be surely assist the couple to select the best outdoor wedding reception.