Fall Outdoor Wedding Decorations
Wedding Planning > Outdoor Wedding > Outdoor Wedding Decorations > Fall Outdoor Wedding Decorations
Getting married amongst the myriad colors of deciduous trees is a wonderful idea for nature lovers. Can there be any other way to celebrate the season than have an outdoor wedding on carpets laid down by the nature herself?
Fall Outdoor Wedding Decorations for Ceremony Area
A wedding arch forms the focal point for ceremony area decorations. Decorating it with natural elements not only saves you money, but also helps you to get admiring glances from your guests.
- A simple wooden arch frame can be prepared from wood. It can also be bought from a craft store
- You can get two big earthen pots filled with sand for planting the wooden arch
- Now, you can decorate it with the seasonal flowers like chrysanthemums, cattails, marigolds and dahlias
- These decorations of the arch done with flowers can now be accented with large foliage of the autumn
- Seasonal flowers in beautiful motifs or wreaths can be tied to chairs that line the outdoor aisle
- Grapevine is a beautiful, versatile and flexible decorating item. Grapevine branches are just wonderful for decorating wedding arches. Trimmed branches of grapevine along with some seasonal flowers make wonderful wedding arch decorations
Fall Outdoor Wedding Decorations for Reception Area
There are a number of options to combine flowers, foliage and fruits of the season and turn them into interesting objects. These can be used as centerpieces for table decorations or can be placed on the guest table.
- Large foliage helps to reflect the color theme of autumn. Make a maximum use of these in table decorations
- Flower arrangements with dark roses and calla lilies add an elegant touch to these decorations
- Hollowed pumpkin with a large candle inside makes an excellent centerpiece for lighting the reception area of a fall-theme wedding. The large candle also provides warmth and a cozy ambience to the area
- Multi-color Indian corns and corn stalks can be used to give a dramatic touch to the decorations
- Use yellow, red, orange or cinnamon color for your table liners. These colors enhance the autumn theme and provide a feeling of warmth to your guests
- Use seasonal vegetables like gourds and fruits like pomegranate for crafting centerpieces for table decorations
- Hollowed out pumpkins filled with seasonal flowers make good centerpieces
- If candles are used as centerpieces, you get them in autumn scents like cinnamon
Wrap your wedding favors like scented candles, chocolates in acorn-like shapes in autumn theme-colored coverings. Keep these on every table setting with a calligraphic thank you note for your guests. This personal touch helps your guests to remember your fall outdoor wedding for long.
Tips Regarding Fall Outdoor Wedding Decorations
The main concern for choosing decorations for an outdoor wedding would be the budget. After this has been taken care of, you can choose decorations to keep up with the theme.
Working out the details to extend the theme to every single decoration item is one of the best tips for outdoor theme wedding. And your fall outdoor wedding decorations are no exceptions to this rule.
Texture is a very important factor to consider in fall wedding decorations. Visually interesting materials like quilted silk, velvet, and organza can be used. Tablecloths of multiple textures or layer two tablecloths can be used to a large extent. This gives the authentic feel of the fall season to your wedding.
You can give a typical touch of the season by adding few shafts of wheat or grape bunches as aisle markers. Bright colors can be added to different decoration accessories like napkins, tablecloths, table tops, and vases, etc. Napkins in linen with bright color undersides look really good on linen tablecloths. Magenta, oranges, and other bright accents can be used liberally in the decorations to give the typical feel of the fall season.
Mercury glass vases look great as centerpieces and metallic accents like gold, silver, and copper can be used to add the extra element to your fall outdoor wedding decorations. Crystal vases or vases made of black glass give a dramatic touch to your decorations. Napkin rings can also be designed differently to suit the table decorations. Champagne-colored flowers would only make the setup more spectacular and dramatic. Potted trees can make for great table centerpieces and give the real feel of the fall season.
Thicker pillar candles in bright colors look awesome and would be the centers of attraction that would be remembered and appreciated by all your wedding guests. Chandeliers would also make for excellent decoration pieces. Lighting can be made creative and to match the mood of the guests in the different parts of the venue. For example, you can use sunset tones and colors and move to deep sky blue on the walls of the dance floor.
However, keep in mind that the decorations should be such that would be able to withstand the bad weather conditions.