Outdoor Wedding Cakes
Wedding Planning > Outdoor Wedding > Outdoor Wedding Cakes
Just as you would choose the outdoor venue, the bridal gown, and the outside wedding decorations, a special wedding cake is needed to suit the special surroundings.
Importance of Outdoor Wedding Cakes
- The type of wedding cake you choose is an expression of your exclusive style
- The colorful cakes make the receptions more interesting
- It provides a great photo opportunity for the couple to cut it together
- It serves as a dessert or delicious after-dinner snack
- A cake in beautiful natural locations provides more opportunities for decorating the cake
Care for Choosing the Outdoor Wedding Cakes
- Vanilla and chocolate are still the most favorite flavors. However, here is a note of caution. The outdoor wedding cakes should never have butter-cream or chocolate frostings, as these frostings are likely to melt away
- In place of traditional butter cream filling, you can have a filling of fresh raspberry puree. A lemon cake with blackberry filling is also a good replacement
- For the summer wedding, the cake has to be made from some firm materials like royal icing, meringue, or fondant. These are the materials which will hold up nicely in the heat
- There should be arrangements like a fully equipped kitchen for storing up the cake in the refrigerator till the time it is required
- All the tiers of the cake need to have the plastic dowels inserted into them to prevent the upper tiers from sinking down into lower tiers
Ideas for the Outdoor Wedding Cakes
Red Velvet Cake
The rich velvet cake is perfect for couples who like the classic taste. The thick white cream cheese frosting with royal icing is the best option for a country theme wedding. The cake can be decorated with seasonal flowers. It can also be decorated with lace.
A cake with the mocha-flavor is a good idea. Combining the orange liqueur with a chocolate mousse makes it more stable. A whipped chocolate frosting is suitable for an afternoon wedding.
Key Lime Cheesecake
For a wedding with a tropical theme, a seasonal touch is a must. Pineapple, coconut, or key lime flavored cheesecakes are the best for beach weddings in summer.
Daisy covered Outdoor Wedding Cakes
Summer season has many flowers. A garden theme wedding can have a cake with flower decorations. Flowers cascading down the cake make an impressive seasonal statement. It can be surrounded with miniature cupcakes.
A Cup Cake Special
An extra sweet touch to the wedding cake table can be added with the cupcakes. The cup cakes are in fact the best idea for the outdoor weddings.
However, most situations make use of cupcake stands. The cupcakes can also be displayed on cake tiers. A cake with shallow tiers is basically chosen for the purpose. It is better to have the lemon tiers at the base for the cupcake. It can have chocolate tiers in between. The chocolate tier is always covered with either ivory fondant icing or with marzipan. The cupcakes in two colors are chosen. These cupcakes can also have interesting designs on them.
Unique idea for the Outdoor Wedding Cakes
For garden cake cutting, the cake can be covered with a fancy round-hoop canopy. It can have decorations of bows and flowers. The canopy is hanged to the tree with a shepherd's hook. The canopy protects the cake from the bugs.
Here are some topics associated with the outdoor wedding cakes: