Outdoor Wedding Cake Toppers
Wedding Planning > Outdoor Wedding > Outdoor Wedding Cakes > Outdoor Wedding Cake Toppers
A cake topper is the most crucial and the most dramatic piece of decoration on a wedding cake. The cake toppers are the focal point of the cake cutting ceremony.
The cake toppers help you to express your ideas about the wedding in the most precise and crisp manner. So, most couples are looking for the best cake toppers for their weddings.
History of Outdoor Wedding Cake Toppers
The history of cake toppers dates back to late 19th century when they were used in Australia and England. In the United States, the cake toppers came into the mainstream only in 1920s. The bride and the groom in various poses are the most traditional type of cake toppers. Actually, there is a tradition of saving a portion of the cake and the topper as the memoirs of the special day.
With increasing popularity of the cake toppers, there has been a change in the traditional cake toppers also. Most themed outdoor weddings have a cake topper that is reflective of their wedding theme.
Some Popular Themes for Outdoor Wedding Cake Toppers
Beautiful gardens are the most sought after locations for the outdoor weddings. A gazebo is the most favorite spot for the wedding ceremonies. You have the following choices to depict the theme of your wedding through the following cake toppers.
- Gazebo cake topper: There are a number of gazebo cake toppers available in the shops today. A cake toper can have only the gazebo, or the gazebo can have a figurine in it also. These can also be decorated with tulle and other accents
- Flower cake toppers: The seasonal flowers are the best cake toppers. A sunflower, and a daisy are some of the cake toppers
- Beach theme cake toppers: A beach themed wedding cake can have a decoration of seashells, star fish, and pearls. These are beautifully created in edible material. This themed wedding cake can have a lighthouse as the wedding cake topper
- If you have some specific feature at your chosen wedding site, that can also serve as the cake topper e.g. if you have lion statues at the venue, you can choose lion as your wedding topper
Unusual Outdoor Wedding Cake Toppers
The loving couple topper with the bride and the groom posing together is the most common topper. A wedding cake topper provides the biggest opportunity to express your feelings in the most precise manner.
A little variation on Tradition
It is like playing safe, if you don't want to break the convention. The topper with the customary romantic couple can be replaced by a suggestive figurine in an embrace. A couple exchanging their vows under a tree is the best cake topper for an outdoor wedding. A still depiction of a kissing couple under a wedding arch is another beautiful idea for the outdoor wedding.
If you are having an indoor reception in an exquisite ballroom, then a pose for the first dance is a good idea for the cake topper. Use of curved stick figures suggestive of a human embrace is an idea for the symbolic cake toppers.
Symbolic Cake Toppers
Some couples use interesting ideas for the cake toppers. If the groom is a golf player, a golf playing figure can be chosen as the cake topper. Similarly if the bride is a singer, she may choose a singing figure as a cake topper.
Toppers with Nature theme
If you are an admirer of the nature or want to advocate for the cause of environment, a nature based cake topper is best for you. There can be the following ideas for it:
- Pair of intertwined tropical trees
- Pair of fish
- Love birds
- Pair of dolphins
- Pair of lions and bears
Your wedding topper should be such which fits the theme of your outdoor wedding. A beach theme wedding can have a pair of fish for the cake topper.
Toppers with a Fantasy Theme
You can have castles, fairies, castles, unicorns and other such items as your wedding toppers. These types of wedding toppers are best for the fairy tale weddings.