Western Wedding Reception Ideas
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ideas > Wedding Reception Ideas > Western Wedding Reception Ideas
In Western wedding ceremonies, the reception is planned prior to the wedding or after the wedding. The usual reception time is during the evening. The dinner in this sort of reception is very different from the dinners in other receptions. The food in the western wedding reception is usually baked beans, potato salad, fried chicken and barbecue.
It is believed that the wedding cake is accompanied by good luck for the couple. So, it is adorned with horseshoes and fresh flowers. Instead of traditional champagne, the western reception consists of bottled beer and margaritas.
Western Wedding Reception Ideas regarding Decorations
- The couple must ascertain that there are bales of hay in the reception. They must be wrapped by wedding color ribbons. These are placed around the dance floor as well as at the end of the tables of the guests. Such bales serve a dual purpose - as a seat for guests post dinner and as decoration
- The chairs of the groom and the bride should be decorated by bandanas. Bandanas are a substitute for ribbons or bows. The bandana is tied in the shape of a neck loop and hanged on the top periphery of the chair
- The wedding cake must have the shape of a boot. The groom may take a picture of his own boots and forward it to the cake decorator. This decorator then does the needful
- In order to cover the tables in western receptions, traditional western gigham print fabric is used. If it is possible, this fabric should have a white background on which the pattern is in wedding colors
- Cowboy hats are decorated with ribbons and flowers in the wedding colors. These can then be used as centerpieces
- One of the walls should have a mural of a desert sunset. This mural may be of cloth or other removal textile. Other suitable murals are as follows
- Country at Sunset Mural
- Old West Mural
- Cactus of the Wild West Mural
- Around the circumference of the reception venue, hang hurricane lanterns from rustic wood posts
Western Wedding Reception Ideas regarding Favors
The favors in a western wedding reception range from place card holders, western cake toppers to groom cowboy hats and cowboy boot mugs. Some of the usual favors are listed below.
- Western Lasso Interchangeable Cake Toppers
- Western Garland
- Western Boots Magnets
- Western Boot Shaped Glasses
- Western 'Roped into Love' Favor / Place Cards
- Traditional Lucky Horseshoe
- Single Heart Decorative Form
- Sculptural White Tiger Lilies Traditional Guest Book
- Sculptural White Tiger Lilies Toasting Set
- Sculptural White Tiger Lilies Round Pen Set
- Sculptural White Tiger Lilies Lucky Horseshoe
- Sculptural White Tiger Lilies Cake Serving Set
- Plastic Horseshoes
- Miniature Metal Watering Cans
- Miniature Cowboy Hats
- Horseshoe Key Chain Favors
- Horseshoe Decorative Form
- Horseshoe Charms
- Cute Bride and Groom Decorative Form
- Cowboy Boots Confetti
- Bride and Groom Cowboy Hats
Venue for western wedding reception
- Back yard of your house could be the perfect venue for your western wedding reception
- If you want to make your western wedding reception perfect then any farm house or farm would be the best place for the western wedding reception
Food for western wedding reception
- Focus more on meat like grilled meat, roasted meat, cooked meat, and barbeque. You can go for pork chops, grilled hamburgers, chicken, and steaks.
- There should be 3-4 side dishes that must include baked beans, corns on cob or off cob, potato salad, coleslaw, and some baked vegetables
- In desserts you can serve homemade cookies, apple pie, fruit cobblers , chips with dip or ice-cream
- In extras you can serve cheese cubes with pieces of fruits like pineapples and cherries with toothpicks. You can spread chill flakes and paper powder on these cheese cubes.
The groom could dress up like a cow boy and bride could wear any vintage wedding dress for western wedding reception.