Wedding Reception Food Ideas
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ideas > Wedding Reception Ideas > Wedding Reception Food Ideas
The budget regarding the food of a wedding reception is directly proportional to the size of the reception. It is recommended that only the most vital individuals in your life must be invited for this occasion. If the host desires to save money, he/she must keep it in mind that the time of the day at which the food is served is crucial for his/her aim.
Wedding Reception Food Ideas from 7 P.M. till Midnight
- This is also called as a 'Sunset Ceremony'
- This is the cheapest and easiest option
- Nice mini-buffet tables can be adorned with finger foods
- The edible centerpieces made from cheese and fruits look gorgeous
- There must be champagne, beer, wine and punch
- Include a wedding cake
Wedding Reception Food Ideas from 4 P.M. to 7 P.M.
- This is termed as 'Late Afternoon Ceremony'
- There are two styles - the 'formal' style and the 'buffet' style
- The latter has a flexible menu while the former has a fixed menu
- This is less costly as compared to the previous option
- It is advisable to serve the food made by you (hors d'ouvres)
- Some supermarkets provide hors d'ouvres trays quite cheaply
Reception Food Ideas from 2 P.M. to 4 P.M.
- This is the 'early afternoon ceremony'
- The following must be served
- Petit fours
- Mini specialty cakes like cheesecake and carrot cake
- Finger sandwiches
- One can have large punch bowls that are brimming with fruit punch and are adorned with fruit slices
- Serve coffee and tea
- This is the most cheap option from all those that exist
- This time is selected if the host has less budget and more number of guests
Reception Food Ideas from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M.
- This is called as 'late morning ceremony'
- Serve a variety of desserts, sandwiches, cheeses, salads and cold cuts
- Include fresh vegetables, cottage cheese, deviled eggs, potato salads, pasta, fruits and dips
- This food can be prepared by the host on his/her own (i.e. no need to give an order)
Food Ideas from 8 A.M. to 11 A.M.
- A continental breakfast is advisable
- The mini buffet table consists of different varieties of fruit, croissants and pastries
- The favorites for this time slot are grapes, watermelon, blueberries, fresh strawberries, honeydew melons and cantaloupe
- Another addition is turnovers, fruit filled donuts, bagels, muffins, chocolate eclairs and creme puffs
- The host must ensure the availability of fruit juices, tea and fresh coffee
- The name is 'breakfast reception' or a 'brunch reception'
- Such a reception is a 'sunrise ceremony'
If the couple opts for a church wedding, then they can arrange for a dessert reception or a luncheon in the church hall. In case of an informal wedding that is conducted on the beach or in a park, the couple can prepare barbecue at home.