Wedding Reception Favor Ideas
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ideas > Wedding Favor Ideas > Wedding Reception Favor Ideas
Small gifts or treats that are offered to the guests during the wedding reception are known as wedding favors. The wedding reception favor ideas may be decorative, functional, or edible. While planning out the wedding reception favors, preferably they should compliment the season of the year or the wedding theme.
Wedding reception favors are a memory of your wedding for your invitees. It is sign of your love and concern towards your invitees. You can give personalized and common wedding reception favors to your invitees. Giving personalized wedding favors would not be affordable for everyone, so you can make a combination of these. That means you can give personalized gifts for your close ones and common for all your invitees. If you can not afford personalized gifts for some of them then you can give only common wedding reception favors for all.
There is a tradition and reason behind these wedding favors, which is coming from many centuries. Traditionally, people used to give five Jordan almonds, which are wrapped in elegant fabric or silk or in a confection box. There is reason behind this giving of Jordan almonds which is that invitees are told to pray for fertility, wealth, health, longevity and happiness of the newly weds. In some countries, sugar cubes, which were wrapped in confection box, were given to invitees for the same reason. In some countries sugar coated almonds were use as wedding favors. Giving these wedding favors symbolizes wealth and royalty of the family, who host the wedding. Today wedding favors or gifts are common and each wedding host wants to give it to their invitees. Now, the face of these wedding favors has changed but the reason is the same. Now these wedding reception favors take the face of chocolates, candles, cookies, scented soaps, silver picture frames, shot glasses, etc.
You can give personalized gifts for your loved ones, like your parents, siblings, in-laws, and close friends. You can set budget for each of these [this budget could be higher than budget common gifts] and choose a gift according to it. One thing you should remember before choosing personalized wedding gifts is that you should consider the choice [likes and dislikes] of the person, whom you are giving this gift. You can give the personalized wedding gift according to your wedding theme. For example, if your wedding theme is Indian wedding, then you can give some Indian wedding favors for your loved ones.
You can give some common wedding favors to your guests as we discussed earlier. If you give, some wedding favors according to your wedding theme, for example, if you give a bunch of flowers to your invitees it will look good. Teacups or mugs, miniature Christmas trees, Christmas ornaments, snow globes, CD's of your favorite music, etc. Alternatively, you can give traditional sugar cubes or sugar coated almonds as a wedding favor to your invitees. These traditional wedding favors will look nice if you have a traditional Christian wedding.
Choosing a wedding reception favor for your invitees is a difficult task in terms of likes, dislikes, and the budget. Do not get confused and overburden yourself with these things, just stay in the budget while selecting wedding favors for your invitees. Do not worry about how your invitees will feel about these wedding favors you had to select for them rather your invitees know about the importance of money in this phase of life.
Briefing about Wedding Reception Favor Ideas
- Add snacks and sweets to the personalized paper party favor bags
- Purchase some custom print favor boxes that have a 'thank you' message and your (the bride's and the groom's) monogram. Add some Jordan almonds, flower seeds, chocolates, and small truffles
- Another idea is that of a photo coaster. Print favorite pictures of the happy couple and place one photo each at every table. The guests can take this photo along with them as a custom keepsake
Simple Wedding Reception Favor Ideas
- If it is an Asian theme wedding, then select small and ceramic tea-light lanterns
- In an south-western theme wedding, something succulent like tiny cactus is advisable
- A practical example is that of lucky bamboo. Select one or three small stalks twisty-tied together. Take a small bowl and place these stalks in it and pour gravel around the base
- Choose a small ceramic dish and place incense cones in it. The ideal method is to place three cones on a ceramic dish and wrap these with cellophane or tulle. Attach a tag that reads 'Burning for each other'
- Have tiny stuffed cows, pigs, bunnies, or bears. The idea is to have your favorite animal dressed like the bride and the groom. Attach a tag on which it is written 'Udderly in Love' or 'I love you BEARY much'
- Buy tiny, serving sized bottles of jelly and peanut butter. If there are gourmet flavors, they are very cute. Some probable tags are 'The Perfect Pair' or 'Some things just go together'
- Approach any Asian market and purchase chopsticks. These can be adorned with a piece of colorful origami paper. Affix a tag named '2 of a kind'
- Taper candles have one wick. The candles should match the wedding colors. Wrap a tag around the candle. On this tag, print 'What a match!' or 'Burning for each other'
List of some themes for Wedding Reception Favor Ideas
- African American
- Black & White
Tips for Wedding Reception Favor Ideas
- Believe that in order to mean something by means of favors, it is not mandatory that the favors should be expensive. It is also a usual process to select homemade favors like candles, soap, candy, cookies etc
- Let us assume that you are on a tight budget. Then, a simple favor like a beautiful candle with a handwritten poem could be cherished by the guests
- One of the methods is to give the guests something that could be accompanied with the meal. For instance, if you offer Jordans almonds, they are incredibly delicious. Another example is of small boxes filled with fudge or any other kind of chocolate