Unique Beach Wedding Ideas
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ideas > Unique Wedding Ideas > Unique Beach Wedding Ideas
Beach weddings are an excellent option for the couples who wish to go in for an outdoor wedding. It is the most popular choice among a large number of couples for their wedding. The planning of the wedding should be done well in advance.
You have to take into consideration some very significant aspects. They include the budget, the number of guests expected, weather, seating arrangement, decorations, menu, and many more aspects.
You can easily get all these details from various online sites and books that would be very helpful to plan a beach wedding. They would even provide you details of the popular venues in your region and inform about the best deals to be looked out for. It would also offer you some exciting and unique ideas for the wedding.
You can even use your own ideas and bring out slight variations in the traditional approach of planning a beach wedding. Select the destination for the wedding well in advance.
You have to gather some essential information about the area such as its availability for the date, the cost of bookings, and accessories required. Since, it's an outdoor wedding; you have to make an arrangement for an alternative plan.
It is also necessary to collect information or data about weather conditions of the region. Based on the data available, you should make arrangement for hats, umbrellas, sunscreen lotions, and many other aspects. It would make the guest comfortable at the venue.
This alternative plan could be used up in case; you have to suddenly change the venue for the wedding. You have to also visit the venue and then decide the decoration required for the venue. You can even develop your own ideas to plan a beach wedding.
If the couple exchanges vows on the sandy beach, the natural setting helps in offering romantic ambience for the wedding. The historic lighthouses, white sand beaches, sparkling waters, and the background are perfect for a plethora of photo opportunities. So, couples think of unique beach wedding ideas and add to the natural beauty by using a casual apparel (khaki linen suit or lightweight lace gown), seafood dishes, and beach-inspired decorations.
Unique Beach Wedding Ideas regarding Food
- Begin the celebration by offering a fruit platter that has grapes, strawberries, and pineapples. Serve these with a caramel dip
- Serve different types of summer drinks like pina coladas, mint iced tea, and raspberry lemonade
- In case of the food, think about a traditional fish fry along with rolls, cole slaw, and French fries
- Ask your baker if he can create a sandcastle cake. Instruct the baker to use some butter cream frosting. Layer it with fondant to avoid melting. Adorn this cake with shells and graham cracker crumbs to imitate a real sand castle
Unique Beach Wedding Ideas regarding Decorations and Favors
- Some examples of favors are as follows
- Chocolate shaped shells packaged in pretty boxes
- Mini flip-flop candles
- Miniature colored sand pails having personalized M and Ms
- For centerpieces, consider the following
- Tall vases filled with flowers
- Votives in beach-themed candle holders around them
- A carved out pineapple as a flower vase
- Take beach pails and fill these with sunscreen and decorative beach towels
- Mount an open-air canopy tent on the beach. The intent is to minimize sun exposure and still facilitate the soft breeze of the ocean to freshen the guests
- Rather than using tables with sharp corners, set up round tables. Layer these with colored linens to symbolize the beach. These can be pale blue tablecloths with gold napkins
- Fill small bottles with sand and attach every guest's table number and seat number. This is the placecard
Unique Beach Wedding Ideas regarding Fashion and Hair
- The bride can curl her hair in waves and comb it through. Further, she can pin back the sides for a natural and tousled look. This hair would blow gracefully in the wind
- The groom may select tan pants and a white shirt. An alternative to this is a tailored linen suit
- Avoid long trains and overdone gowns. Instead, opt for simpler dresses that are shorter and breathe easily. With these, the bride could feel like a princess
A Nautical Beach Wedding Idea
- The favors can be navy blue and white layered sand bottles
- In the evening, drive off into the sunset in a chartered boat
- For decorations use the following - crab traps, lobster buoys, sea life, sailboats, lighthouses, netting, lifesavers, white and navy blue anchors
- A nautical wedding has a blue color scheme. The bridesmaids can wear alternating shades of blue. The groom and the groomsmen can don navy blue suits. The bride can have a simple but elegant white dress accented with navy blue piping
The unique ideas outlined above will help you to plan out a unique beach wedding ideas.