Fall Wedding Ideas
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ideas > Fall Wedding Ideas
The weather during fall is very unpredictable. In the morning, it might be very sunny and warm. This might transform to a brisk chilly evening. So, it is very essential to be ready for both these extremes. Thus, if the wedding is to be scheduled in an outdoor location, then keep portable heaters ready.
Aspects of Fall Wedding Ideas
- If an indoor location is opted for, then preferably it should have a distinct view of the fall countryside or foliage
- The season inspires all to select an outdoor and rustic setting. Some of the examples are the grounds of a mansion or an historic inn, mills, barns, ranches, farms, vineyards, orchards, and parks
- Instruct the flower girl that rather than tossing flower petals, she should toss acorns or leaves
- For the flowers, use creative containers like rustic lanterns, terra cotta pots, stained wooden boxes, or hollowed pumpkins
- Use the natural texture by incorporating sprays of wheat, acorns, and leaves
- An autumn harvest means the use of cranberries, apples, and pears
- Some examples of seasonal blooms are daisies, roses, sunflowers, mums, hypericum, and montbretia
- There are some creative and sophisticated methods to serve traditional fare. For example,
- Warm apple cider in glass mugs with cinnamon sticks
- Veggie puree or soup in mini shot classes or hallowed out gourds
- Include heavier side dishes like rib roast, roasted quail, and turkey
- If the guest list is not exhaustive, incorporate the family recipes and serve the food in family style
- The seasonal standbys are as follows:
- Honey glazed carrots
- Green beans
- Corn bread dressing
- Red potatoes
- There is some scope for homemade goods like jams, candy apples, or fudge that is presented in festive packaging
- Take mini burlap bags and place some bulbs or coffee beans in them. On the top, tie a label that has the wedding date or a monogram
- An example of a sweet treat is miniature bottles of maple syrup.
- Take some miniature wooden crates.
- These should be lined with straw and should contain the goodies. These have a rustic touch.
The fall wedding ideas for dresses are as follows.
- In order to be ready for a warm or chilly atmosphere, there could be strapless dresses with wraps, stoles, or capelets
- In case of bridesmaids, have jewel toned dresses in rich fabrics like velvet or brocade
- In case of brides, the proper selection is that of off-white or off white-cream wedding gowns. In order to add texture to a rustic setting, there could be vintage or antique laces
- A hearty chocolate cake that is covered in dark chocolate fondant. Decorate it with marzipan or fresh berries and fruits
- A tiered pumpkin pie or a pumpkin cake
Colors that can be maintained in any accessory for a fall wedding are to be zeroed in on. These colors can be continuously used in your décor, furniture, wedding cake, dresses and centerpieces etc. The fall season colors are generally very rich and bold that can be easily incorporated in anything. Reds, oranges and yellows are famous colors that remind anyone of the fall season. Purple can also be used in different shades.
The color scheme should be stuck to and any deviation from the chosen color scheme would look good becoming the odd-man-out. Invitations are the first thing that catches the attention of your guests and because of this reason the invitations should also be designed to stick to the theme. The colors and elements of the fall season should be incorporated in your wedding invitations to give an authentic feel of fall.
Some unique fall wedding ideas can be got from a number of popular websites and bridal magazines. Fall wedding favors are also an option to experiment with. Cookies, tea bags and maple syrups can also be interesting fall wedding favors. Place cards can also be designed according to the fall theme that would make your guests fell a part of your authentic fall wedding.
Here are some topics associated with fall wedding ideas: