Backyard Wedding Reception Ideas
Wedding Planning > Wedding Ideas > Wedding Reception Ideas > Backyard Wedding Reception Ideas
Nature lovers should not feel that they have to adhere to the traditional wedding reception concept and arrange this function indoors. Presently, the popularity of outdoor receptions is on the rise. If your backyard has adequate space to manage all the guests, it is certainly a good idea to have a backyard wedding reception.
Process of Backyard Wedding Reception Ideas
- Approach a tent company. Ask this company to put up a tent that can accommodate all the guests. Depending on your budget, you may choose a basic tent to tents with chandeliers. The intention of putting up a tent is to safeguard the guests from wind and rain
- As per the decor you have planned, rent square or round tables. On the basis of your budget, select some chairs that may be ranging from basic to decorative
- The decoration of the tents consists of the following aspects
- Renting cloths and linens for the tables
- Arranging for silverware, glassware, napkins and plates
- Use linens to decorate the ceiling and wrap linens around the poles. This results in a more exotic appearance. More linens can be used to cover up the catering tables and bar
- When beautiful flowers are made a part of the reception, it looks more inviting. The flower company can offer various products ranging from candelabras to glass hurricane centerpieces on rent
- Some caterers prefer to cook food at another site and transport the food to the tent and keep it warm for the reception. You must ascertain that there is enough space in the tent to plan a buffet as well as for the bar
- Obtain parking permit as there would be several cars in your neighborhood. Approach the local city hall to determine the different requirements for this issue of parking. It is also possible to request an off-duty police office to manage this issue
Backyard Wedding Reception Ideas with Pools
- If your backyard has ponds or pools, this is an excellent setting for Hawaiian reception
- When each guest arrives, you should offer him/her leis followed by a glass of tropical punch in a glass that has coconut shell shape
- Light up the party by colorful lanterns and string mini lights. At night, use tiki torches
- Centerpieces can be prepared from fresh pineapple
- The floral patterns must be dense
- Appoint hula dancers to practice as well as guide guests the various dance moves
- Sometimes you might desire to display a complete hula show. In this case, confirm that the entire dance troupe would be accommodated in the tent
Some aspects of Backyard Wedding Reception
- Instead of the standard wedding cake, think about a wide variety of sweets or cupcakes
- The menu elements must include chicken, steak, kebabs and brisket
- Every backyard has a certain peculiarity that can be used to permit guests to feel at home by toning down the formalities of the traditional weddings
- Inform the neighbors about this function in the backyard and that you would ascertain that the music is not too loud
- Place cascading flower garlands from the top of the fence so that the standard fence appears enticing
Backyard is a wonderful venue for casual weddings. Backyard wedding is more of an informal get together for friends and family members. If you are a not so traditional bride, backyard weddings are indeed a great idea to celebrate your special day. If you have even a small backyard garden and there are less than 100 guests for your wedding, it would serve as a perfect venue. You can decorate it as per your creativity using the most natural resources like potted plants, gravels, and flowers.
You can arrange your wedding in the evening hours. Spring and summer would be the most suitable seasons for such weddings. You need not have a very heavy meal. You can have snacks, finger food, fruit punches and other non alcoholic beverages; not to forget the cake. In fact, you can opt for cup cakes along with some other dessert.
You can dress up a bit casually and yet look beautiful. You need not have a traditional white wedding. In fact, if you are not a very religious person, you can opt for a civil wedding and then arrange a backyard reception in the evening for all your guests. This would save space required for an aisle, to perform rituals, etc.