Beach Wedding Shirts
Wedding Planning > Beach Wedding > Beach Wedding Shirts
Beach weddings are mostly informal and relaxed which provides flexibility in selecting the wedding attire for the groom. The wedding dress should compliment well with your personality and style.
The main concern of the groom about the beach wedding attire is its comfort level. There is a wide range of this attire that is available and it is very varied from the traditional ones.
On a beach, the weather could include heat, sun, and humidity. This can result in stifling for the groom, if his dress is with long sleeves, cuffs, and snug like the regular shirts. Apart from this, the beach weddings are casual and informal affairs and mostly people don't prefer to follow the traditional styles..
Tips for selecting the beach wedding shirts
- The shirt shouldn't be tightly fitted. It should be loose and comfortable to be worn
- The sleeves of the shirt should be short which is more suitable in terms of appearance and comfort
- Avoid wearing a tie with the shirt. Instead opt for shirts that have colorful accents or collar detailing
- Select a shirt which is cool, comfortable, and coordinates well with the wedding colors. It should also be stylish and should match your personality
- The fabric of the shirt should be made of lightweight fabric. The fabric can be either cotton or linen for the tropical areas. For the areas with humid climate, silk wedding shirts are a perfect option. You can opt for cotton fabric, if you opt for formal looks or silk for more graceful looks
- For the color of the wedding shirt, you can either opt for a white shirt that gets along with the bride's bouquet. There are shirts with colored embroidery or other details along the color or sleeves or hem. The most preferred colors for shirts are white, cream, off white, and peach. You can also select the shirt color based on the bride's wedding attire and other wedding colors without requiring additional articles of clothing
- Coats such as a light weight sports coat can be preferred for a beach wedding
Different styles of men's beach wedding shirts
Here is a list of some shirts which can be selected for in this type of wedding.
- Lanai or island shirts
- Marbled shirts
- Tropical print shirts
- Mexican wedding shirt
- Polo shirts or golf
- Hawaiian shirts
- Monaco linen
- Bamboo Amalfi shirt
- Three -quarter sleeve shirts
- Guayabera shirts
These shirts are available in retail shops, departmental stores, or the online retailers. There are shops that arrange for the shirts specially prepared to match the wedding colors. Before purchasing these wedding dresses, you have to do a little research about the latest trends and prices of these shirts.
You can have an absolutely wonderful beach wedding if you plan it well. It is affordable also. However, you need not follow the traditional norms of wedding ceremony or attire when it comes to a beach wedding. You can wear casual clothing for a beach wedding. Beach weddings have a casual tone. You can reflect the shades of a typical tropical environment, marine life or coastal backdrop in your wedding.
You could wear casual cotton shirts with a cotton trouser or even a 3/4th pant. This is the most suitable attire when going on a beach. Even the brides should not wear high heels and flowing wedding gowns. Instead they could opt for a simple cotton short dress or a knee length dress. It would be more convenient for them. The bride and the groom can remain barefoot while in the sand. If they are not comfortable, they can wear a pair of nice slippers.
There are many brands of casual clothing available in the market. There is plenty of variety of casual shirts. Cotton shirts look formal as well as smart. They are also very comfortable in tropical weather. Most of these shirts come in pastel shades and earthen colors apart from white and ivory. It is up to you to select a suitable color.