Beach Wedding Menu
Wedding Planning > Beach Wedding > Beach Wedding Menu
A wedding by the beach requires a menu matching to the beach theme. However, the wedding menu is not so easy to plan out. There are several things that have to be considered while planning the food for the wedding reception party.
- Budget - The money factor is the most important thing to consider while planning the wedding food. There is no use to spend too much and have too many items when your guests will have just have few of them. If you are having a simple wedding, then it is necessary to have a simple food menu rather than a lavish one.
- It is not necessary to involve sea food in every dish that you decide for the wedding. Remember that some guests may have allergies with sea food and sea shells.
- Preferences are what matters on the wedding day. Be sure that the dishes that are prepared on the wedding day must be liked by the bride and the groom at all costs. It is their wedding day so they must be treated as a king and a queen.
Some ideas for the beach wedding menu
- Fresh fruits with ice crushed in it
- Tropical mixed drinks like the Margaritas, Pina Coladas
- Fresh tropical fruit juice like mango, pineapple
- Coconut mango or other citrus extracts with a bit of rum and vodka are also good options for the drinks
Some options for the appetizers are
- Shrimp cocktail
- Key lime popcorn chicken
- Crab or shrimp stuffed mushrooms
- Mini crab cakes
- Iced oysters
- Sun-dried tomato bread
- Coconut shrimp
- Fresh tropical fruit
Some options for entrees are
- Roast pork with lime
- Surf and turf combinations
- Lemon braised chicken
- Grilled or broiled fish
- Jamaican jerk meats, such as chicken or pork
- Steak, including filet mignon, tenderloin, or prime rib
- Chicken marsala
- Barbecued chicken
Some tips for the wedding cake
- Coconut filling wedding cakes in vanilla flavor
- Chocolate ganache filled dark chocolate wedding cake
- Chocolate or sponge cake with tropical fruits as fillings
- Lemon cake with vanilla fillings
Some more tips
- For a beach wedding, select food basically that is very tasty and at the same time can be eaten with hands to have a feeling of being in nature.
- Be careful in serving the drinks and desserts. If drinks are made in advance, then they may become warm due to the sun.
- Have buckets filled with ice at each table so that champagne can be served chilled whenever the guest desire to have.
Soup options to choose from
- Clam chowder
- Shrimp or lobster bisque
- Soup can be kept as an option, but still if you want they can be served
Make a careful note that wedding by the sea side requires lots of things that can be taken care of. Beach ceremony is fun filled and entertaining. Food has to be kept light, so that one may not feel discomfort in the heat of sun. Options are various; in the beach wedding menu the choice depends on you to pick the right one.